Santa Fe Chicken and Rice Casserole
A hearty casserole of chicken, rice, a creamy sauce with green chilies for added flavor and crunchy topping for a wonderful warm your belly dinner.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 4 ounce cans green chilies (can use mild or hot)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cooked, white rice
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 3 cups grated, mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed, corn chips
Blend together sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese and 1 can of the chilis until smooth in food processor, transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 can chopped chilis, can of soup, white rice, chopped chicken, salt and half the grated cheese. Stir this together in a large bowl by hand.Place in a greased 9 x 13 pyrex dish. Top with remaining grated cheese and sprinkle crushed corn chips on top of that.Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes.*You can add a can of chopped Jalepenos to kick up the heat if you'd like!