Low Carb Toscana Soup
Low Carb Toscana Soup is packed full of wonderful flavors from Italian sausages, cauliflower, onion, kale and bacon, making it hard to stop at just one bowlful!!
- 1 pound sweet, Italian sausage
- 4 slices smoked bacon, chopped into pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, diced small or cut into thin medallions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, ground or leaves
- 1 tsp sage, ground
- 1 tsp basil, ground or leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes add more if you like spicy
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth can use veg or turkey broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 medium head cooked, cauliflower precook until fork tender
- 3 cups cleaned and chopped kale
- salt and pepper to taste
Precook 1/2 of a medium head of cauliflower that you have divided into flowerettes.
In a large pot, heat and cook chopped sausage and bacon, when done remove from pot and set aside until later.
Add butter and onion to pot with sausage/bacon grease and saute until tender. Add carrots and garlic to cooked onion.
Add vinegar, cook for 1 minute. Add in all the spices, pour in broth and cream, stir to incorporate.
Add precooked cauliflower, cooked sausage and bacon to the pot.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add chopped kale. Simmer for 5-7 minutes and serve. Enjoy!!