Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup has layers of amazing flavors, from the the garlic and fresh ginger to the red Thai curry and coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup diced, sweet onion
- 1-1/2 inches chopped, fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp Red Thai Curry
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 cups peeled and diced carrot
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- chopping cilantro optional topping
- toasted pumpkin seeds optional topping
- wedge of lime squeezed onto soup optional topping
Place oil in a heavy bottom pot, add diced onion, chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Saute until onion is soft and translucent.
Peel and dice sweet potatoes and carrots. Add the salt and black pepper to the onion mix. Then add broth and simmer on medium for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Use an immersion blender in pot to blend vegetables and broth until smooth. Use a stand blender if you don't have an immersion blender.
Once blended until smooth, add cayenne pepper, curry paste and coconut milk or heavy cream and stir until well incorporated and heat for 5 more minutes or until soup hot.
Top your bowl of soup with chopped cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds and a dash of Sriracha. Enjoy!!