Chunky Monkey Muffins
Ripe bananas, gooey chocolate and sweet coconut lend themselves to a wonderful, healthy muffin.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (I use Kirkland Organic)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon nut butter (Almond, cashew or peanut) (heaping tablespoons)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded, coconut ( I use organic unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Lily's Premium or Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
Beat eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, nut butter and bananas with electric mixer.
To the wet mixture, add in coconut flour, salt, baking soda and mix until smooth.
Stir in coconut and chocolate chips
Fill muffin tins until 3/4 full. Can use muffin papers or grease muffin tins to prevent sticking.
Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees and bake approximately 20 minutes.