Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish to make. My recipe for Simple Teriyaki Salmon is the easiest fish recipe I have. Salmon is a pretty fish with pinkish-orange flesh. It is meaty and packed with healthy fats. In fact, it is this healthy fat that lends itself to keeping the fish moist when cooked, while adding amazing flavor.
Simple Teriyaki Salmon is a down and dirty, quick and easy meal, without any lengthy marinade. Simply delicious and perfect for a busy weeknight!
Most of us are moving into our 3rd, 4th or even 5th week of social distancing. We are all doing our best to #StayHome in avoidance of #Coronavirus. This means, limited trips to the grocery store and I am relishing the opportunity to shop from my own freezer. This is where my preaching to buy meat in bulk, on sale, then splitting your haul into meal sized portions, pays off BIG! I have many things in my freezer, but today, I am after the frozen salmon fillets.
I am a nurse, so the COVID-19 pandemic has jacked up my schedule and changed the way my days are layed out. While I love cooking and still find being in the kitchen a peaceful place to be, lately I also find myself lacking energy for meal preparation and planning.
Simple Teriyaki Salmon is gorgeous salmon basted in a salty, sweet and slightly spicy marinade and baked in the oven. It couldn’t be easier!
This recipe for Simple Teriyaki Salmon is a favorite of mine. Not only does it taste delicious, but when I am low on time and motivation, I can have this in the oven and sitting on a bed of steamed broccoli in no time.
To make this quick and easy dish, you will start with thawed or fresh fillets of salmon. Place these on a cookie sheet and preheat your oven. As the oven preheats, you can quickly mix up the Teriyaki sauce to baste the salmon.
Once the oven is preheated to 350 degrees, baste the salmon with the sauce and then place the fish into the oven for 7 minutes. At the 7 minute mark, remove the salmon and baste again with the Teriyaki sauce and put it back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the fish is flaky and cooked through. Cooking times vary, depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet.
Simple Teriyaki Salmon
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp dried, red chili flakes
- 2-3 tsp corn starch
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet pan with foil.
- Separate salmon fillets out on sheet pan.
- While oven is heating, add soy sauce, water, garlic, honey, brown sugar, ginger and red chili flakes to a small saucepan and heat over medium, bringing to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl and mix well, then slowly add to the hot basting sauce and simmer until thickened.
- Baste fish with sauce and place in preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, remove fish from oven and baste again with the sauce, then put back into the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until fish is flaky and cooked through.
- Serve over a bed of rice or steamed broccoli! Top with sesame seeds or chopped green onions. Enjoy!
I love to serve this Simple Teriyaki Salmon over a bed of steamed broccoli or white rice. It is wonderful leftover, cut into pieces and tossed into homemade fried rice. I make extra and serve it cold, flaked, then mixed with japanese mayo and scooped up with my favorite crackers. However you eat it, enjoy friends!!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5 star rating takes just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more followers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I love hearing from you!