There are those nights when you are craving crunchy, messy, finger foods but don’t necessarily want to expend any energy going to get it! We live pretty far out of town. We are at least an hour from the nearest restaurant where we can pick up some really good wings. So, in order to go and get the wings and bring them home for a lazy afternoon in front of the TV, it would be at least a 2 hour commitment….that’s not happening! Enter my Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings will be the star of any party! They have crunchy skin and are tossed in a delicious garlicky parmesan cheese butter.
One of the best things about these Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is that they are in fact baked, not fried. Not only is this a healthier option, but it makes clean up significantly easier. We have a love of wings in my family. One of my other favorites to make are these Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings. The flavor is off the chart delicious and you just can’t stop eating them. Another family favorite, is made in the Crock Pot, so it is both delicious and incredibly easy. You will love these Crock Pot Apricot BBQ Wings! Give them a try, you will be hooked.
Making crispy, mouthwatering, chicken wings at home is actually a pretty easy endeavor. There is one specific thing you want to keep in mind though to guarantee crispy wings. You want to cook the wings until they are crunchy and then toss in the sauce to coat them. If you cook them with the sauce on, it softens the skin. While it may still taste delicious, you won’t have the crunch you are probably craving with your wings.
The platter of Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is always the first thing gone when I make them. They are absolutely, delicious and you won’t be able to stop eating them!!
To make these little beauties, you will want to start with a baking pan, lined with foil. I use cooking spray on the foil, to help prevent sticking. I also place a few tablespoons of oil on the baking pan to create a better crunch. Some people like to use a baking rack, but I don’t think it is necessary with wings. Typically, wings aren’t too fatty, so they don’t produce as much oil when cooked, as chicken thighs or a whole chicken might.
In a large bowl, you will then want to assemble your dry ingredients of flour and spices. Dredge your chicken wings thoroughly in the spiced flour mixture and place onto the lined baking sheet. When placing the dredged chicken wings onto the baking sheet, they can touch slightly, but don’t have them overlapping each other, or they run the risk of not getting crispy. Better to use a second baking sheet so you can spread your wings out a bit.
Place these baking pans into a preheated oven for 45 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, I typically use tongs to loosen the chicken from the sheet pan to make sure they aren’t sticking. I then place them back in the oven for another 45 minutes, where they will get golden brown and crunchy!
When the wings are almost done baking, melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Then, stir in the parmesan cheese. Place the hot wings into a large bowl and pour the melted garlic and parmesan butter over the top of the wings and toss, making sure to coat all of the wings. Place the yummy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings onto a platter and sprinkle with a little more parmesan cheese if you like. Otherwise, just dive in and enjoy!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2 baking sheet pans
- Large bowl
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups all purpose flour can use gluten free cassava flour too
- 3 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Garlic Parmesan Butter
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 cloves finely, chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- extra parmesan cheese to sprinkle onto wings when on the serving platter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and then liberally spray foil with Pam cooking spray.
- Drizzle approximately 3 Tablespoons of oil onto baking sheet (for extra crunch).
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl, then mix until spices and parmesan cheese are well incorporated into the flour.
- Dredge chicken wings thoroughly in flour mixture, making sure to coat front and back really well and place on the oiled baking sheet pan.
- Place chicken into a preheated oven for 45 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, using tongs, carefully loosen the chicken from the foil, making sure it is not stuck. Then place chicken back into oven for 45 more minutes.
- When chicken is almost done baking, melt the butter and add the chopped garlic and parmesan cheese to the butter. Place the hot wings into a large bowl and ladle the garlic parmesan butter over the wings and toss, making sure to coat the wings, front and back.
- Place the coated wings onto a platter and sprinkle with a little more parmesan cheese and dig in!!
Once you take your first bite of these Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings you will be hooked. They are the perfect combination of salty, buttery and garlicky. They are perfect for snacks or the buffet at a party. We love them for dinner and if I manage to make enough, we can sometimes eat them for lunch the next day. I would love for you to give these a try or any of my other wings recipes referenced above and let me know what you think.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5 star rating takes just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more followers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I love hearing from you!