The other night I was going through the fridge doing my weekly, “what do we have and what can I make out of it” treasure hunt. I had a rotisserie chicken I was going to use for something else and it was now begging to be used.
Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza is ready in minutes and tastes AMAZING!!
This Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza is the popular dip that I have amped up with cubed, rotisserie chicken to make it heartier. You of course, can use any leftover chicken you have on hand, but remember this was what I had in the fridge, so I was just using up my leftovers!
Today I was short on time and even shorter on energy, so I used pre-made pizza crusts to speed up the process. Couple that with the rotisserie chicken and packaged and shredded cheeses and I literally had this in the oven in 10 minutes.
Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza is chunks of chicken in creamy spinach and marinated artichoke mixture, topped with mozzarella and cooked until bubbly and delicious!
I had a bag of frozen spinach in the freezer, a large Costco size jar of artichoke hearts and I was ready to go! Actually, the thing that took me the longest was just pulling the chicken off the bone and cutting it up into bite size pieces, but again, that only took a few minutes.
To make this speedy Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza, you will need 2 large pre-cooked pizza crusts. Whether you make your crusts from scratch, get pre-made crusts that you thaw and roll out or something like this Boboli crust, it doesn’t matter. All are welcome to this pizza party!
You will need chicken that has already been cooked. It can be packed and ready to go or one that you need to remove from the bone and chop up. The rest of this recipe is pretty standard with regard to the dip, with a few alterations.
You will mix the mayonnaise, spices, chopped and drained spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, two different cheeses together, then add in the chopped or shredded chicken and mix until well incorporated.
This is enough to make two very large pizzas, so if you only have one crust you are working with, you can either put the extra topping mixture in a shallow baking dish and make it into a hot dip or cut your recipe in half and go from there.
Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Pizza
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup softened, cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 1 cup grated, mozzarella cheese more to sprinkle on top
- 2 cups cooked, chopped or shredded chicken
- 12 ounces drained and chopped spinach I used frozen
- 20 ounces drained and coarsely chopped marinated artichoke hearts I used even a few ounces more, just because I love them so much!!
- 6 tbsp ground, parmesan cheese you will want to sprinkle more on top of pizza before it goes into the oven
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- additional mozzarella to sprinkle on top
- additional parmesan to sprinkle on top
- 2 large pre-cooked, pizza crusts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cooking tray.
- Lay pre-cooked pizza crusts on parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream with a hand mixer to make sure there are no clumps.
- To the mayonnaise mixture, add in all spices, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, spinach, artichokes and chicken. By hand, stir until well combined.
- Liberally spread approximately 2 heaping cups of the mixture onto the top of each crust and spread it around, up to the edges. More or less depending on the size of your crusts.
- Sprinkle additional mozzarella on top as well as additional parmesan cheese prior to going into the oven.
- Place pizzas into a preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or top is starting to get golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool a few minutes, then cut into pieces. Enjoy!!
This recipe for Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza you can have in the oven in minutes. So, this makes it perfect for a quick weeknight meal. You can also prep the topping a day or two ahead of time and keep in the fridge, so when you are ready to make the pizzas, remove the pre-made topping combination from the refrigerator and spread onto the crusts and then pop into the oven. My husband even loves this leftover pizza cold the next day! Enjoy friends!!
We love Chicken, Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza at our house. What is your favorite homemade pizza?