Most home cooks are no stranger to making homemade french fries. When I say, “homemade,” I mean you went to the frozen food section of your local grocery store and tossed a bag or two of your favorite brand of spuds into the cart, took them home and opened the bag then tossed them onto a cookie sheet before popping them into the oven. I’m not judging, I’m FEELING you!!
Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are fantastically delicious!!!
When I think of garlic fries, images of sporting events, tailgate parties or the Fair come to mind, where you can smell these cooking a mile away! Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are drizzled with garlic oil, tossed with fresh herbs, salt and olive oil for an amazing taste sensation. You really cant stop eating them once you start, they are that good!
This is a delicacy you want to eat hot, either right out of the oil or straight out of the oven (depending on how you cooked them). My favorite way to cook Easy Homemade Garlic Fries is in hot oil, but I don’t always the time nor desire to clean up the mess I make when I fry them. So, to make them “easy,” I use the foil lined cookie sheet, bake them in the oven method and they are done in 20 minute and clean up is a snap!
Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are a tasty snack or a perfect side dish that everyone loves!!
I love that I can make these as simple or dressed up as I want. I have been known to toss these in parmesan cheese, use smoked salt and roasted garlic rather than fresh. I have also tossed cilantro on them instead of parsley, but have also on occasion, used aromatic rosemary and garlic to create an unbelievably wonderful flavored fry! The sky is the limit!!
There are a few key things you will need to do in order to make sure your Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are perfect. First, make sure you are using a large cookie sheet. A crowded pan prevents a crispy French fry. If you jam all the fries up on a sheet pan, they just steam each other as they thaw during the cooking process and you don’t want that. No you don’t!
Make sure you are using a good quality oil to toss onto your fries. I like to use extra virgin olive oil. Also, make sure you chop your garlic into small pieces, that are uniform in size. Nobody wants a random, huge hunk of garlic on their tongue. Make sure you clean and chop your parsley in advance so the parsley isn’t wet. You want it to be able to spread out easily, not clump up when you sprinkle it over the hot fries.
Easy Homemade Garlic Fries
- 1 bag 32 ounce French fried potatoes (shoestring style)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh, chopped garlic chop into small uniform pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven according to package instructions on frozen French fries. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place frozen fries onto cookie sheet, spread them out in a single layer and place into hot oven.
- Pour oil into a mason jar. Chop the garlic into small pieces and add to olive oil in jar. Place lid on jar and shake to mix up.
- Chop parsley into small pieces and set aside.
- Take cooked fries from oven, scoop into a bowl. Drizzle garlic oil over the hot fries, tossing to coat evenly. Sprinkle salt and parsley over the fries and toss again and then EAT! Enjoy friends!
These Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are ridiculously easy to make and so impressive to serve. Give these a try and dress them up to suit your taste. Make them your own and you will make them often!
Easy Homemade Garlic Fries are a favorite and flavorful treat, what creative treat does your family make that uses French fries?