It’s funny to me now that I love Italian Roasted Zucchini so much. As a kid, zucchini was a food I loathed. Unfortunately as a kid, we ate zucchini and I internally gagged as it was spooned onto my plate. I had to finish it before I could leave the table. Said zucchini sat on my plate as I pushed it around, desperately trying to make it look like there was now less (“look dad, I ate some”) while it just got colder and colder. The table was usually cleared and dishes were done, and there I sat, me, my cold zucchini and my overwhelming urge to throw up.
Italian Roasted Zucchini is a weeknight gem. It is prepped and ready in 20 minutes!!
Fortunately, as I got older, my taste buds branched out and embraced this pretty green, little squash. I laugh when I say “little” because I know!! This is a vegetable, if planted and left on the vine 1 minute too long, becomes the size of a 1st grader! The ground groans under the enormity of its girth. You pick it and carry it to the kitchen, bent over under its immense weight and wonder what in the world you are going to do with this thing or where you can leave it, where no one will know it was you!
Okay, in all seriousness, zucchini is an awesome, versatile, vegetable. It is relatively inexpensive to buy, is a proliferative addition to your garden (see above paragraph) and cooks quickly. This makes it a perfect side dish, when you are in a hurry and need to get a meal on table. Enjoy friends!
Italian Roasted Zucchini
- 3 medium-large zucchini
- 1/4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning * I use my pizza seasoning
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Wash and slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices, place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add minced garlic and olive oil to the butter and melt it, stirring until well incorporated. Pour melted garlic butter over zucchini in bowl and toss to coat.
- Placed coated zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over each piece of zucchini and then sprinkle italian seasoning over cheese.
- Place zucchini into preheated oven for 15 minutes. You can turn broiler on for last 2 minutes of cook time, to help brown the top and crisp the cheese. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5 star rating takes just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more followers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, I love hearing from you!
1 thought on “Italian Roasted Zucchini”
I really love zucchini. Have all my life and that’s been 50 some years now. I’m kind of a standard guy. So, when this came across the wire, I thought why are you messing with a good thing? Then I tried it and now I know why. Italian flavors infused into one of my favs. Simply awesome.