This is the time of year that pumpkin spice flavors are in and on, just about everything! I am certainly not complaining, I love it in everything…….except my drinks. I know, I know. You pumpkin spice latte people are probably losing your lid over my dislike for that one. It smells wonderful, but tastes like a candle to me. So, I think I’ll just stick to eating my pumpkin spice, rather than drinking it. Which brings me to my yummy Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix.
Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix is going to become your favorite snack this Fall!
I love all kinds of granola. In fact, my recipe for Maple Grain Free Granola is one treat I get tons of wonderful comments about. If however, you like a little spiciness in your snack mix, you will want to try my Sweet and Spicy Maple Nuts. This one is my favorite treats to eat while watching movies. It also tastes amazing and adds a nice crunch, sprinkled over my favorite salads.
I couldn’t let this season pass by without posting a snack mix recipe. I have a lot of pumpkin recipes I wanted to share, but this Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix is both delicious AND versatile. Sometimes we eat this on yogurt, sometimes from a baggie while hiking or at the park, but we also love to eat it for breakfast. It isn’t too sweet, which I like. It has all the great pumpkin spice flavor and a great crunch, so it tastes amazing swimming in a bowl of milk.
Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix is a perfect combination of pumpkin spice flavors. It has chewy oats, crunchy nuts and seeds, making a perfect snack or breakfast.
This is an easy recipe to whip up. You will be combining the oats, nuts and seeds in a bowl. This is where you can make Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix your own. Add any nut or seed that you and your family enjoy. In another bowl, you will mix up the spices, pumpkin, maple syrup and coconut oil. Once this is mixed well, you pour it over the oat and nut mixture, stir it well to coat and then pour it onto a foil or parchment lined cookie sheet. Then, you pop it into the oven to toast. At the 15 minute mark, you will remove the granola, toss it and turn it over to make sure everything is coated and evenly toasting and pop it back into the oven for another 15 minutes. You will remove the granola from the oven, tossing and turning it, 3 different times, for a total cook time of 45 minutes. If however, the pumpkin spice liquid is still very loose, you will toss the granola mixture and put it back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil can use veg oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together maple syrup, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Pour liquid pumpkin mixture Into large bowl containing oats, nuts and seeds. Toss well to coat.
- Pour coated granola onto a foil lined sheet pan, spread out evenly
- Place granola mixture into a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, remove pan and toss granola mixture to make sure they are toasting evenly and coated in sauce. The sauce will still be thin at this point.
- Place granola back in oven and toast for another 15 minutes. Remove and toss again, the sauce will be thicker and less evident this time.
- Place granola back in oven for final 15 minutes (45 min total)
- Remove from oven, toss again to prevent sticking, flatten out and let cool on counter. When done pull up sides of foil to create a slide for the granola into your storage container or basket to eat now!
I love that I can be as creative as I want with this granola. Sometimes I use gluten free oats, or I add dried fruit and chocolate chips. Make sure though, if you are adding dried fruit or chocolate chips, you wait until it has completely cooled before adding them or the fruit will get tacky and the chocolate chips will melt. Pumpkin Spice Granola Snack Mix makes a perfect, simple, breakfast as a cereal or topping for yogurt. It makes a wonderful, healthy snack for adults and kids alike. Don’t let this Fall go by without making a batch or two of this wonderful granola. Enjoy friends!
Remember to leave a *Star Rating* and tag me on your Instagram posts if you make any of my recipes. I love to see your creations!