This awesome recipe is something I have been making for over 25 years. It is sticky, sweet, tangy and crunchy all at the same time. It makes a full, large cookie sheet of the best Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings ever! Once you start eating them, you almost can’t stop. Much the same way people can blaze through a plate of buffalo wings, these are the honey citrus version with a ginger kick!
One taste of these Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings and you will be hooked!!
These chicken wings are first dusted in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper and paprika. This will create a really nice flavor base when you bite into these. The thing I really like about these Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings is that they are baked in the oven, so I am not wrestling with a deep fryer and all the mess that goes with it.
After coating the chicken in the seasoned flour mixture, you will simply place these on a greased cookie sheet. Because I hate to wash dishes and loathe scrubbing a really “stuck on” pan, I put a layer of foil down on a cookie sheet, then grease the foil (remember, these get sticky) so all I have to do is take the chicken off of the cookie sheet, roll up the foil and toss it in the trash. Dishes DONE!!
These sweet Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings are the best ever!! The chicken is packed with flavor and coated in an amazing, sticky, glaze!!
Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne can add more if you like it spicy!
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate I use the store brand frozen orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp ground, ginger
- chopped, cilantro for garnish
- 20-24 whole, chicken wings
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge chicken wings in flour mixture.
- Place dredged chicken wings on a foil lined cookie sheet. Grease the foil to make the chicken easier to turn and remove.
- Place sheet pan of chicken into 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking for 30 minutes, place orange juice concentrate, honey, cayenne and ginger in a small sauce pan, heat to liquify and stir well to combine.
- After 30 minutes, remove tray of chicken from oven and liberally baste the wings with the orange juice, honey and ginger glaze.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 325 and put glazed chicken back into oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove chicken from oven, turn chicken, lightly glaze and place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove chicken, turn over and glaze chicken for final time and place back into oven for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove cooked chicken from oven, place on serving platter, garnish with chopped cilantro. Dig in and Enjoy!!
Sometimes if we are enjoying a football game or watching movies, I will make a double or quadruple batch of these Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings. These are good cooled off and are wonderful eaten at room temperature. If we happen to have leftovers, I often take these for lunch and eat them cold, they’re fabulous. However, you can rewarm them for another meal if you happen to have that many left (we never do!). I hope you give these a try. You will love them! Enjoy friends!
Do you have a chicken wing recipe you love as much as I love Orange and Ginger Chicken Wings?